Monday, February 4, 2013

Project {Caleb 52}! [Montgomery, Tx Child Photographer]

So, as the second week passes of my Project {Caleb 52}, I realize that this was a HUGE decision that was going to impact my relationship with my son TREMENDOUSLY.  I strongly urge anyone that owns ANY type of camera (yes, that also means the phone cameras), to partake in your children's or significant other's lives and document those moments (even the little ones) each day/week/month.

The reason I feel so strongly about this, is because as I was collecting all my pictures over last week,  I realized that I had forgotten almost all of the images and moments that I captured!  It was like getting little presents all over again when I went to go through them and edit them!  This made me think--how many memories of my one and only child have slipped from my mind?  Too many up to this point, in my opinion.

I also realized that he LOVES our little adventures together, and he LOVES that he plays such a huge role in helping me with my work.  I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to spend this time with him and I will really try not to take those *little* moments for granted that I have with him.  And another observation that I made was that his face RARELY is clean! ha!  I guess it's a little boy thing! :)

As I reflect on the week and try to figure out what I was supposed to gain from all of our adventures together thus far, I realized that my job, and the most important job that I will EVER have, is to teach my son about his relationship with God.  And to truly be grateful for his life and one day his meeting with God.  A scripture I came across this week, that spoke to me was this: "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."  -Proverbs 22:6.  I pray that this will be the case with my little Caleb.

I hope you all love these pictures and I sincerely hope you enjoy looking at them!



























[Montgomery, Tx Child Photographer]

2 comments:

  1. What fun! I constantly have a camera in my hand when the girls are awake, lol. I was bad at keeping up with baby books, and photography just came natural to me, so the girls have more of a photo journal. I think I, and the girls, will have a better grasp on their lives at this age anyway. "A picture says a thousand words," well I probably have a million pictures of our family! I could never write that much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, courtney! I am so glad I am not alone in this journey! :)

    ReplyDelete